There are 4 ways to submit your blogger blog sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools. I already explained in a post 3 ways to Create XML Sitemap for Blogger Blog I request you to read that article before reading this one. So that you can easily understand how to submit the new Google sitemap perfectly to Google Webmaster Tools.
Now we move on to the fourth and final one of how to submit a sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools. In-fact this is the easiest one and effective one when it comes to blogger sitemap. Because this one automatically generated by blogger itself and it includes all the posts URLs. So you need not worry about adding your new posts to this sitemap. The only thing is, this sitemap not have an option to include your blogger pages. For that you have to add via Fetch as Google Bot option in Google Webmaster Tools. According to me this the great feature recently introduced by Google Blogger Team. Now we move on to the tutorial.
- Go to your Home Page of your Blogger Blog / Blogger Custom Domain
- Type your Blogger Blog or Custom Domain URL and include Slash followed by Sitemap.xml. For example : http://www.2createablog.com/sitemap.xml
- Now you will see following picture. Your Sitemap generated once you entered that above URL in the address bar and click Enter. Here you can do two things. One is you can save this sitemap.xml file to your local computer or open a sitemap in xml editor. So that you can cross check whether all the Posts URLs successfully generated or not.
- On your Google Search Console home page, select your site.
- In the left sidebar, click Site configuration and then Sitemaps.
- Click the Add/Test Sitemap button in the top right.
- Enter Sitemap.xml into the text box that appears.
- Click Submit Sitemap.
Hope you enjoy this blogger tutorial post. Many more tutorials coming up in this blog. So subscribe to this blog to get latest updates. If you like this post then consider sharing with your social media friends. Don’t forget to leave your comments in the comment section below this post.
You can also post your questions in the comment section. I’ll answer all your questions.