WordPress Tutorial for Beginners
How to Install WordPress - For Self-hosted Blog and Website
Before Installing WordPress to your self-hosted Blog or Website. You should register your domain name and select the best web-host for your website. Without Web Host you can't install WordPress to your Blog or Website. So, make sure you should ask your Web Host to give the Administer Control Panel for your website. With that Control Panel (I mean the cPanel) only you can install WordPress. Another don't forget to ask for Username and Password for that cPanel.
Install WordPress in Just 10 Minutes
Installing WordPress it's not a difficult task or time-consuming one. You can install WordPress within 10 minutes. Most of the bloggers are not technically sound. Because of that they're not in a position to install WordPress to their dream blog. Most of them using Blogger platform, that too they're not using blogger templates from blogger template gallery. They're using third-party template, some of them are horrible. It's not looking nice. So my advice better you change your blog or website to WordPress as early as possible. WordPress themes always looks professional and easy to use. There are several free and paid premium themes available now. You can choose whichever theme match your needs. You can post any questions regarding WordPress themes customization, plugins and widgets in WordPress Forum.
You no need to buy WordPress script, it is free of cost. You can install WordPress from your control panel within few clicks of the mouse. WordPress Software already available in your Control Panel. So don't search outside.
Install WordPress Via QuickInstall1. Login to Cpanel of Hostgator.
2. Scroll down your mouse to the Software / Services Box on that click QuickInstall icon / link. See the below picture demo.
3. On the left Navigation Bar, under Blog Software, Click on WordPress Icon / Link.
4. After clicking the WordPress software link it will take you to the next screen explained in the below picture. See the picture demo below.
5. This is the important step in WordPress Installation, so be careful while installing. First decide yourself which URL you want to install WordPress. If you want install WordPress in main domain. Then leave the application empty or you can select main domain in the drop down menu. If you want to install to your sub-domain or if you want to install extension like http://www.yourdomainname.com/blog then give "blog" in the field provided exclusively for this purpose. Don't leave any field blank. Otherwise, it will automatically installed in your main domain. If you have content already then all the content may be lost.
6. Fill all the field which are required like (your e-mail id, blog title, first and last name can be changed later through WordPress Dashboard page.
7. Click Install Now.
8. After WordPress has been installed correctly, you will congratulations message like the one below with click here option. Click the "Click Here" link it will take you to the newly installed WordPress Website. Now you see the picture demo below for better understanding.
9. Your Admin panel Username / Password e-mailed to your e-mail address provided by you in the application form. If you want to retrieve your Username / Password then you can do it from your WordPress login page. It look like this.
If you recently changed your name server or just registered your domain name means it will take minimum 24 hours to 48 hours. So you have to wait until the process has been fully completed.
If you've any doubts in WordPress Installation feel free to post your queries and comments below in the comment section.