Install WordPress Plugins - Introduction
Now we move on to the another interesting and important chapter in WordPress. Any Guess!! Yeah your guess is right. I am going to teach you how to install WordPress Plugins to your WordPress site. This is the last and final technical subject regarding WordPress installation.
How many WordPress Plugins Available for My Site
There are more than 37,949 plugins to work-with.
You can choose best plugins for your WordPress site depending on the basis of most downloads, rate and comments. These plugins can do anything you want to do. Thanks to WordPress Plugins developers and WordPress Plugins directory. That's far too many plugins to cover in this website. However, we're going to discover some important plugins which will take your website to the next level.
Don't use too many plugins to your site. That will take lot of space and loading time. So use only plugins which are necessary for your site.
At present I am using 13 plugins for my WordPress sites. I'll soon make a post on this plugins in details. So you can get an idea which plugins is doing best for me and you can also use the same plugin for your site.
WordPress Plugins take your blog to a different level.
Top Rated WordPress Plugins according to WordPress.Org
I've listed some of the top rated WordPress plugins below.
- Jetpack by WordPress.com
- Contact Form 7
- WordPress SEO by Yoast
- NextGEN Gallery
- WordPress Importer
- Better WP Security
- All in One SEO Pack
- WooCommerce - excelling eCommerce
- Google XML Sitemaps
- Contact Form
- Fast Secure Contact Form
- Wordfence Security
- Ultimate TinyMCE
- W3 Total Cache
- ShareThis: Share Buttons and Social Analytics
- WP Super Cache
How to Install WordPress Plugins - Live Demo Tutorial
1. Login your WordPress Website with your Username and Password.
2. See the left hand side navigation bar. From the Dashboard, scroll your mouse to Plugins (below the Appearance link) See the below picture. Under the Plugins, you will see 3 items, one is Installed Plugins which you're already installed, Add New - you're going to install and last one is Editor - you can edit the .php section of the plugin according to your own needs. In the right-hand side of the picture you'll see already installed plugins. Above that Add New button is there. You just click that Add New button to add new plugin to your WordPress Site. You've three choices. You can download these plugins from Developers Website, WordPress Plugins Directory or in the Plugins section of your WordPress Site. So it's not that difficult to install WordPress Plugins to your site.
3. To install a Plugin, follow these steps mentioned below :
There are 3 options for you to install WordPress Plugins.
1. Download the Plugin from the Developer's Site to your computer.
2. Click Upload and browse to the location where you saved the plugin folder on your computer. Please remember, You've upload this plugin without unzip. Upload the plugin .2ip format.
3. Once you the select the exact Plugin folder click the Install New button.
4. After you've uploaded and installed the plugin, you'll need to activate it. See the below picture it will tells you what you've to do in the process.
Now see the above image, in the horizontal navigation bar.
- Search - Search for your favorite plugin. Then choose that plugin to install
- Upload - Upload the plugin from your computer hard drive.
- Featured - Featured Plugins listed in WordPress.org directory page. You can download from that directory or from the developer's site and save it in your computer then you can upload and activate the plugins.
- Popular - Popular Plugins depends on Downloads, Rating and Comments. So you choose best plugins depends on the above rating and download by the users.
- Newest - Newest plugins also you can install, but my suggestion don't go for Newest one. Sometimes it'll get you in trouble. Because of that you'll lose your website. So better use already used plugins by the users.
- Last but not least - There are three you must remember. If you want use that plugin, you must click the Activate button. If you're well-versed in PHP then you can modify that plugin according to your own needs. In the Setting section you'll see the important features of that particular plugin. You can choose or tick that features to add it your plugin. So that you can make full use of it.
Thank you, we'll see you in another WordPress Tutorial, bye:)